Ring of Montefioralle and Montegonzi
Municipality Greve in Chianti
OUTDOOR / TRAILS / CHIANTI
Departure from the town of Greve in Chianti to reach the medieval village of Montefioralle recognized as one of the "Most Beautiful Villages in Italy".
Here, where every stone resonates with history, it will be possible to enjoy breath-taking views and evocative views that will bring the typical atmosphere of Tuscan villages to life.
Continuing on, the route descends to Greve from the ancient center of Montegonzi, an important medieval settlement.
The route winds its way through white roads, urbanized areas, and stretches of the woodland path, showing a perfect panorama of the Greve valley in the immediate surroundings of the main town.
Points of interest
- Borgo Montefioralle
- Borgo Montegonzi
- Santo Stefano Church in Montefioralle
- Piazza di Greve in Chianti
- Starting point: Greve in Chianti
- How to get there: Regional road
- Arrival locality: Greve in Chianti
- Access: Main town
- Difficulty level: T - Tourist
- Any critical points: partly uneven path
- Experience requirements: Minimal
- Walking time: 3.5 hours
- Length: 8 km
- Total ascent: 260m
- Total descent: 260m
- Maximum height: 420m above sea level
- Minimum height: 230m above sea level
- Signs: CAI Path 425
- Best time to tackle the route: all year round
- Necessary equipment: walking shoes
- Operators offering additional tourist services along the route: ND
Let yourself be inspired by the legends, stories, and a thousand excellences of this land in the green heart of Tuscany.