Comune Greve in Chianti
OUTDOOR / TRAILS / CHIANTI
Slow Road is a path for the valorization of the territory designed by La Macina di San Cresci and made possible through the collaboration of the Municipality of Greve in Chianti, the Tuscany Region, and the University of Florence.
The intent of the project is to promote responsible tourism, linking the beauty of the Chianti landscapes to culture. Art will be your companion on the 5.5 km path, inviting you to stop and give space to thought and imagination.
The ideal stops are the five panoramic points, where you can enjoy as many installations that combine classical and modern art, designed for the traveler. Art designed to be experienced by the Design Campus of the University of Florence, using the principal material of our area, terracotta.
Starting from the main square of Greve in Chianti, you will first stop at the Museum of San Francesco, where you can admire the works contained there, and then continue to the medieval village of Montefioralle. From there, the path goes along white roads that will allow you to admire, from suggestive angles, the entire Val di Greve and the Chianti Mountains, until you reach the Romanesque parish church of San Cresci, and then go back into the town center. A natural amphitheater where art, landscapes, and the culture of the territory come together.
Points of interest:
- Piazza Matteotti,
- Museum of San Francesco,
- Montefioralle village,
- Romanesque parish church of San Cresci.
- Artistic works and design installations are present along the path, in panoramic points, serving the hiker.
- Starting Location: Piazza Matteotti - Greve in Chianti
- Destination Location: Piazza Matteotti - Greve in Chianti
- Access: Piazza Matteotti - Greve in Chianti
- Difficulty level: Easy
- Potential issues: None
- Experience requirements: Suitable for everyone
- Time of the route: 2.5 hours
- Length: 5.5 km
- Maximum elevation: 420 m above sea level
- Minimum elevation: 230 m above sea level
- Signage: Path with its own signage
- Best time to undertake the route: Anytime in favorable weather conditions
- Equipment needed: Sneakers, comfortable clothing
- Operators offering tourist services related to the path: N/A