345 - San Jacopo in Pietrafitta
Municipality Castellina in Chianti
OUTDOOR / TRAILS / CHIANTI
A route that leads from Via Romea, at the acropolis of Salivolpi, along what the Leopoldine cadastre calls the road of Castellina Vecchia, to Pietrafitta.
Passing the Church of San Jacopo and descending towards the Pesa, we arrive at Lucarelli in the municipality of Radda in Chianti.
Points of interest
- Starting point: Macia di Salivolpi
- How to get there: on foot from the historic centre of Castellina in Chianti (1 km and 200 m).
- Finish locality: Lucarelli (Radda in Chianti)
- Access: provincial road
- Difficulty level: E - Excursionist
- Any critical points: no
- Experience requirements: Minimum
- Time required: 2.45 hours
- Length: 8.1 km
- Total ascent: 169m
- Total Descent: 497m
- Maximum height: 622m above sea level
- Minimum height: 279m above sea level
- Signposts: CAI signs
- Best time to tackle the route: all year round
- Necessary equipment: walking shoes
- Operators offering accessory tourist services along the route:
- Nuvolari refreshment bar in Pietrafitta
- Dream residence accommodation
- Borgo Pietrafitta hotel and farmhouse
- Lucarelli bar and restaurant Le Panzanelle
Let yourself be inspired by the legends, stories, and a thousand excellences of this land in the green heart of Tuscany.